CLOSED FOR THE EARTHQUAKE of 30 October 2016
Works began during the second half of XIII century. Of the original structure, the apse decorated with stone suspended arch and majolica tiled bacini and the chapel at its right, fully painted, still remain. Frescoes and paintings of the church covered a time period going from XIV to XVII century. Among numerous images and several paintings, the “Crocifissione” stands out on the wall at the end of the ancient aisle. It can be related to the first half of XIV century. Among frescoes, remarkable is the Madonna con il Bambino of the Maestro of Capodonico of 1363 and among detached frescoes, “La Madonna della Colonna” (coming from the church of San Giacomo) is worthy of note for grace and refinement of its composition, and attributed to the master of the Dormitio of Terni, an outstanding painter productive during the late quarter of 1300 in the southern part of Umbria and the Marches.